Receives, stores, and distributes material, tools, equipment, and products within establishments by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Reads production schedule, customer order, work order, shipping order, or requisition to determine items to be moved, gathered, or shipped.
- Conveys materials and items from receiving or production areas to storage or to other designated areas.
- Sorts and places materials or items on racks, shelves, or in bins according to predetermined sequence such as size, type, style, color, or product code.
- Fills requisitions, work orders, or requests for materials, tools, or other stock items and loads items on trucks.
- Assembles customer orders from stock and places orders on pallets or shelves, or conveys orders to packing station or shipping department.
- Marks materials with identifying information.
- Opens bales, crates, and other containers.
- Records amounts of materials or items received or distributed.
- Uses computer to enter records.
- Compiles worksheets or tickets from customer specifications.
- Maintains inventory records.
Physical/Mental Demands and Working Conditions
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.